Diggin In The Crates! (Every Wednesday)

Hey people, every Wednesday I'm going to drop some stuff from back in the day. Cause if any of you's know me, I am all for 90's hip hop or that cliche' "The Golden Era" lol. So I'm gonna drop something that you may or may not have heard. Everybody got a history right?

To kick things off, I'm gonna drop 2 gems on ya.
"D'evils" by Jay Z and "Rosa Parks" by Outkast.




D'Evils: Reason I wanted to post this was because I was listening to Jay-Z's "Death of Auto Tune" this morning, and I could feel his motivation on that song. It reminded me of the hunger and passion Jay had on his "Reasonable Doubt" debut album. Let's be real, with the last few albums he came out with (with the exception of the 'Black Album') he may aswell have changed his name to "Lay-Z". But he is really bringing the heat with his new track. "D'evils" is the best example of the hunger and passion. His lyrics are precise and he is coming in with that really raw rugged sound. (You could also argue that the Dj Premier beat makes this song).

Quotable: "Life ills, poison my body /and used to say 'fuck mic skills / I never prayed to God / I prayed to Gotti" . Thats Jay for ya, before he became a.k.a "the dude goin out with Beyonce".




Rosa Parks:
There is no denying Outkasts place in music. They are one of a handful of acts who maintain to keep their sound fresh and original. Reason I chose this song is because when they dropped this track, there was nothing else out there like this. Time and time again they come out doing the most out-landish shit you could think of, and it pays off everytime. Why??? Because they have the talent to back it up. I personally believe that this is one of Andre 3000's best verses. I dare you no to nod your head to this beat.

Quotable: "Said baby boy you only funky as your last cut / You focus on the past your ass'll be a has what" - Andre 3000

0 comments:

Post a Comment